Saturday, December 22, 2007

Saturday Dec 22

This is Pete, Dad youngest son, and we have created this blog to help keep everyone updated a little easier. We have had an overwhelming amount of support and curiosity with Dad. I worry that Mom is somewhat overwhelmed with trying to keep everyone updated. At the same time it is therapeutic for her, but also very exhausting. Last night, Friday, I stayed over with Dad in the hospital. We were able to sleep at least 4-5 hours, which from what I understand is a record this week. I must be more boring or something. Andy has been here most of the time at nights with Dad, so last night I wanted to relieve him. Dave will be here with him tonight. Mom has spent a couple of nights here this week and but she doesn't get much sleep here at the hospital so it is much better that she stays home at night so she herself does not get sick and exhausted. This morning, therapists have been in all morning and each one of them have said Dad is improving very well. The respiratory therapist said "Wow", when he did his breathing tests so that is a good sign that things are progressing. One of my good friends, Mike Gatherum, his dad Steve is Dad's physical therapist here at the hospital.
I love you Dad. It is an honor to be here with you in the hospital helping in any way that I can. My Dad apologized every time he had to wake me through the night to assist him in turning over, or to walk the halls in the wheelchair. I can speak for all my other siblings I'm sure, we would do anything for you to help you get through these difficult times. It is amazing how Dad has been so positive and upbeat the entire time I have been here with him. Through the night he did experience some pain in legs as the nerves start to come back.
He has two remaining intervenous treatments, which will conclude Sunday night. We hope to have enough progress that he will be able to leave Monday sometime and continue physical therapy from home or down in Utah County. But he may have to stay longer here at IMC in Murray.

1 comment:

Lance & Joyce said...

Thank you to you all for the updates! I rejoice when I hear of the improvements and tear up when I hear of what Uncle is going through! Our thoughts and prayers are with each of you, and know that our Hevenly Father is in the midst of each situation! I give Aunt Glenda much kudos for her strength & perserverance! Give everyone our love! Love, Joyce & Lance